Jumanji 2: The Next Level 2019 Review
- The return of the likable core cast and the addition of DeVito, Glover, and Awkwafina make this sequel an entertaining twist on the original — and surprisingly funnier than expected.
Sandie Angulo Chen
Common Sense Media
- The ‘Jumanji’ franchise puts out another entertaining entry with ‘The Next Level’.
Times of India
- It’s tough to fault returning director Jake Kasdan and his co-screenwriters, Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg, for playing it safe after the almost $1 billion box office haul of the last film.
- It doesn’t have the surprise factor of the last film and sometimes feels rough around the edges, but The Next Level pushes its body-swap antics even further to deliver just as many laughs.
- This film feels anything but appropriate for families of young kids—the very audience you’d assume it’s made for.
- The world did not need a follow-up to “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle,” but the addition of Danny Glover and Danny DeVito keeps “Jumanji: The Next Level” afloat.
New York Post
- You could do way worse if you’re looking for a comic blast for the holidays.
- Jumanji: The Next Level, directed by Jake Kasdan, returns to the wild with the old gang and new stars.
Jumanji 2: The Next Level 2019 Collection (INDIA)
Jumanji 2: The Next Level box Office Collection:
In the upcoming week, Jumanji will clash with Salman Khan starrer Dabangg 3, which will come on the silver screen on December 20. It is most likely that Salman Khan’s stardom would overshadow Jumanji in its second week in India. Jake Kasdan’s movie ‘Jumanji the next level’ starring Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Jack Black, Nick Jonas, and Awkwafina, has managed to collect roughly Rs 2 crore on Wednesday (Day 6). It was released on Friday (December 13) with a decent collection of Rs 5.05 crore.
However, the collection improved further to Rs 8.35 crore and Rs 10.10 crore on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. On the fourth day (Monday), the film’s collection was Rs 3.01 crore and on Tuesday, its earning was recorded at Rs 2.5 crore, which has totaled its earning to Rs 30 crore in India.
Jumanji: The Next Level was released in India in four different languages i.e. Hindi, English, Tamil, and Telugu. It was released alongside Rani Mukerji’s Mardaani 2 & long-run franchise Star Wars. However, with the overall collection of Rs 30 crore Jumanji: The Next Level has surpassed Mardaani 2, which has collected Rs 25 crore.
Jumanji 2: The Next Level 2019 Cast
- Jake Kasdan
- Dwayne Johnson
- Dany Garcia
- Hiram Garcia
- Matt Tolmach
- William Teitler
- Jake Kasdan
- Jake Kasdan
- Jeff Pinkner
- Scott Rosenberg
- Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg
- Dwayne Johnson as Dr. Smolder Bravestone
- Jack Black as Professor Sheldon “Shelly” Oberon
- Kevin Hart as Franklin “Mouse” Finbar
- Karen Gillan as Ruby Roundhouse
- Nick Jonas as Jefferson “Seaplane” McDonough
- Awkwafina as Ming Fleetfoot
- Rhys Darby as Nigel Billingsley
- Rory McCann as Jurgen the Brutal
- John Ross Bowie as Jurgen’s spokesperson
- Dania Ramirez as Flame
- Massi Furlan as Switchblade
- Jennifer Patino as Bravestone’s mother
(The Real World)
- Danny DeVito as Edward “Eddie” Gilpin
- Danny Glover as Milo Walker
- Alex Wolff as Spencer Gilpin
- Morgan Turner as Martha Kaply
- Ser’Darius Blain as Anthony “Fridge” Johnson
- Madison Iseman as Bethany Walker
- Colin Hanks as Alex Vreeke
- Marin Hinkle as Mrs. Gilpin
- Bebe Neuwirth as Nora Shepherd
- Henry Jackman
- Steve Edwards
- Columbia Pictures
- Seven Bucks Productions
- Hartbeat Productions
- Matt Tolmach Productions
- The Detective Agency
- $125 million
- Sony Pictures Releasing
Jumanji 2: The Next Level 2019 Release Date
- December 13, 2019 (United States & India)